In agriculture, construction and even military applications, pintle hitches are the trusted product of specialized towing. They are notorious for their high weight capacity and simple design. The basic pintle hitch is essentially a hook and loop, with the hook attached to the vehicle and the loop mounted on the trailer. Because of their simple design, pintle hitches are able to have thicker metal construction and more secure coupling.
This particular receiver-mount pintle hook is designed to insert into any 2" x 2" receiver tube. With a solid shank and a gross trailer weight capacity of 10,000 lbs., it offers a solid complement to most class 4 and class 5 trailer hitches (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc). The pintle hook fits any lunette ring with a 2-1/2" inside eye diameter, and it comes with a safety pin for secure coupling.
The heavy-duty towing done with pintle hitches brings with it a certain amount of wear and tear on your towing equipment, and to prepare for this, CURT uses a quality finish on all of our pintle mounts, lunette eyes and combination pintle hitches. This hitch-mounted pintle hook is coated in a black powder coat finish to provide the perfect amount of rust and scratch resistance needed to face the heavy-duty towing you do every day.
- Fits trailer hitches with a 2" x 2" receiver tube opening
- Couples to lunette eyes with a 2-1/2" inside diameter
- Spring-loaded locking arm for secure coupling
- Constructed from solid, forged steel for superior strength
- Protected by a durable powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Includes safety pin with cable